Tuesday, March 28, 2006

You will surely find this pleasing

By d-mac
The voice in this song is that of the elusively popular indie-rock girl from ninth grade that used to sit behind you in fifth period Chemistry and ask to copy your homework. You let her, of course, because just occasionally she'd flash you a smile on the bus ride home and you knew that she understood you. By now she's married to a writer or musician and living in Manhattan, or London, or Tokyo, but every once in a while she sees a periodic table and wonders how you're doing.

Mates of State - Fraud in the 80's

MoS are playing in Atlanta this Friday at Variety Playhouse with Magnolia Electric Co. and Maria Taylor.

Buy Bring it Back from their website or from Amazon.

8 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Dave and Josh.

I love you, but I have chosen darkness.

Love,
Emo Messiah

2:21 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Though I'm sure I will find this pleasing, I've been on the outs with The Periodic Table of Elements ever since it pandered to popular culture.

1:12 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger d-mac said...

I hear ya, Stephanie. But being somewhat of an amateur chemist-pioneer myself, I find it hard to come up with unique names for some of the elements I've discovered in my own lab over the years.

Here's my latest:

Name: Chucknorrissium
Symbol: Chk
Atomic Number: schfifty-five
Atomic Mass: 1 roundhousekick amu

2:28 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger d-mac said...

PS - My word verification for that last comment was "aygetu". It's nice to know somebody finally gets me for a change, even if it is just an inanimate captcha image.

D-Mac

2:30 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Chuck Norris divides by zero.

FYI:

I'm playing this right now instead of working.

Your assignment is to get to level 15.

3:22 PM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger newwavegurly said...

Actually, there is a short article/interview with these guys in the next issue of Paste magazine. I don't know if you can buy it on the newstands yet, but I just got mine in the mail last week.

3:05 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger d-mac said...

Love Paste magazine. And they're from our neck of the woods (Atlanta/Decatur).

I skimmed that interview in the new issue, but I need to go back and read the rest.

9:21 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Moderator said...

Mates of State are not half bad.

3:31 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home